2009-06-21

Health Care Problems

Health care is an area where the title of this blog is especially true. It would be nice if there were a simple solution that would make everybody, or at least me, happy. There are a plethora of proposed solutions, but none of them are simple, and all that I have seen or heard of have significant flaws.

When approaching a controversial topic involving government action, it is best to start by identifying the high level problems that we would like "reform" to address. Here's a partial list:
  • I can't afford advanced procedures
  • my ordinary health maintenance costs are increasing
  • there's a growing shortage of doctors and nurses
  • it's annoying and sometimes difficult to find in-network health care providers
  • it's annoying and sometimes difficult to deal with paperwork
All we have to do to fix all those problems is adopt my ideology!

Just kidding. It's not that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment