2009-06-13

People are Jerks on Highways

Some tips to keep the road rage out of your next road trip:

If someone is overtaking you, do not change lanes to block them from passing, even if it means that you have to decelerate to avoid a slow car in front of you.

Do not tailgate motorcyclists.

If someone in the slow lane passes you, it is not they who are at fault.

Pass police officers at your own risk, even if you're sure you're not doing anything wrong.

Allow people to merge in front of you.

In stop and go traffic, drive slower than the car in front of you.

To save gas, coast uphill and accelerate lightly downhill.

After changing lanes, drive faster than the cars behind you.

If someone begins to pass you and then matches your speed, blocking other cars from passing, accelerate or decelerate to clear the blockage.

In a strange city, let cars with local plates be the fastest ones around.

When you're in the front of a line of cars waiting to pass a slow car, speed up for the duration of the passing maneuver.

Driving is not for proving your fitness to reproduce, it's one of those liberal pansy games where the goal is for everyone to win.

1 comment:

  1. I experienced road rage on a 25 mile zone in a residential area where apparently I was driving "too slow" for the SUV driver who tailgated me and had his bright lights on which literally blinded me. I gave him the middle finger (no I wouldn't take it quietly since it annoyed me as hell and couldn't see in front of me b/c of the bright lights on) and apparently he was pissed off and the rest of the party in his vehicle found this amusing. It was my misfortune to encounter a bunch of low lives and white trash that night.

    ReplyDelete